Helpmate is seeking a Bilingual Case Manager, which is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting directly to the Case Management Coordinator. The primary responsibilities of the job include providing case management, advocacy, and safety planning services to survivors of domestic violence in multiple settings. This position may require evening, night or weekend work. Native Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
Primary Duties of Position:
- Provide Family Justice Center walk-in coverage, as assigned.
- Provide case management to assigned cases and support the efforts of other case managers during scheduled hours.
- Coordinate services, referrals and advocacy for survivors.
- Provide support with transportation, childcare, appointment accompaniment and other issues of clients as needed.
- Maintain client activity statistics and enter those statistics into the services database.
- Provide support to shelter and counseling for Spanish-speaking survivors, as assigned.
- Provide court accompaniment, advocacy and non-legal interpretation for survivors seeking relief through the civil and criminal justice systems.
- Act as a primary liaison with appropriate providers and agencies for housing related issues for community-based clients accessing services.
- Translate forms and educational materials.
- Bachelors level degree in social work, human services, or related field
- A minimum of 2 years experience in social work or related field, with preference for experience in domestic violence or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately both orally and in writing in English and Spanish.
- Understanding of cultural competency; ability to provide culturally and linguistically-specific services.
- Ability to make independent decisions within the framework of policies, procedures, budgetary constraints, and grant restrictions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.