Thank you for your interest in supporting the work Helpmate does to prevent and address domestic violence in our community. We know that this situation is more common than most people think, and it exists in every part of society, including faith communities. Your congregation has a unique opportunity to be part of the solution and actually save lives. There are many ways to get involved with Helpmate, and we appreciate your consideration.
Printed materials: We are happy to provide printed materials for your congregation that describe our services:
- Tear off Hotline flyers for restroom doors
- Rack cards in display holders about Helpmate
- Small tri-fold brochures about our work to support survivors
- Flyers suitable for bulletin boards
Information: We can provide language suitable for inclusion in a Sunday bulletin or a sermon.
Speakers: We would welcome the opportunity to speak at a service, a class, or meeting to educate about domestic violence and increase awareness of services available. To schedule a speaker, please contact Christy Price, email@example.com.
Tours: Tours are available, and we would be happy to host a group from your congregation. To reserve spots on a tour, contact Pam, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Shelter Tours: We offer shelter tours once a month (except October) on the second Thursday of the month, 10-11:00 am.
- Family Justice Center Tours: We are more flexible about scheduling tours of the FJC and can handle larger groups. It’s a great way to introduce a new organization to this work.
Donations: Some groups like to provide resources which make this work possible:
- Would you like to host donation drives to collect essential items for our shelter? We are happy to provide a list of currently needed items. To obtain a list, please contact Pam email@example.com.
- Some faith communities provide financial support. We appreciate that very much.