Family Justice Center
THE FAMILY JUSTICE CENTER (FJC) IS A SAFE PLACE WHERE VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, SEXUAL ASSAULT AND ELDER ABUSE CAN COME FOR HELP. AT THE BUNCOMBE COUNTY FAMILY JUSTICE CENTER, SURVIVORS CAN ACCESS MANY DIFFERENT SERVICES IN ONE LOCATION AND BEGIN THEIR JOURNEY TOWARDS HOPE, HEALING AND SAFETY. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WALK THIS PATH ALONE.
THE FAMILY JUSTICE CENTER IS MADE UP OF COMMUNITY PARTNERS IN BUNCOMBE COUNTY THAT CAN HELP YOU BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY TO HOPE AND HEALING.
HERE, YOU CAN FIND:
- Experts that can help you figure out how to find safety and how to move forward
- Law enforcement officials to help you with possible criminal charges, gather evidence and information on how the criminal court process works
- Legal services with on-site attorneys and legal assistants to help you understand your legal rights and protections and help you navigate the judicial system
- Forensic medical exams by a specially trained nurse to exam and document the extent of your injuries
- Assistance with creating a safety plan for you and your family
- Counseling and case managers that can support you in healing from the emotional impacts of violence