There are many ways to get involved with Helpmate!
Thank you for your interest in supporting the work Helpmate does to prevent and address domestic violence in our community. We know that this situation is more common than most people think, and it exists in every part of society, including faith communities. Your congregation has a unique opportunity to be part of the solution and actually save lives. There are many ways to get involved with Helpmate, and we appreciate your consideration.
We are happy to provide printed materials, English or Spanish, for your congregation that describes our services:
- Tear off Hotline flyers for restroom doors
- Rack cards in display holders about Helpmate
- Small tri-fold brochures about our work to support survivors
- Flyers suitable for bulletin boards
We can provide language suitable for inclusion in a Sunday bulletin or a sermon.
We would welcome the opportunity to speak at a service, a class, or a meeting to educate about domestic violence and increase awareness of the services available. To schedule a speaker, please contact Ilze Zageris, email@example.com.
Some groups like to provide resources that make this work possible:
- Would you like to host a donation drive to collect essential items for our shelter? We are happy to provide a list of currently needed items. Contact Pam King, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Some faith communities provide financial support, and we are grateful. Gifts can be mailed to PO Box 2263, Asheville, NC 28802 or made online at HelpmateOnline.org. Either way, thank you!